need to listen for a special purpose.
You may be asked
to listen for details.
When would you listen for details?
* when a story is on tape
* when a story is being read aloud
Why would you listen for details?
* to answer a question
* to write a response
details takes practice.
To listen for
details you must:
* Stay in one place.
* Sit quietly and pay attention.
* Think about what you are listening to.
* Take notes.
How do you take
taking requires practice.
* Identify characters and setting.
* Note the problem and solution.
* Include actions of the characters.
* Use a graphic organizer.
(Click on this pen
or this pen
for graphic organizers.)
After listening you may be asked to report on
what you heard. You may...